Hand Me the Mic
Musical Celebration & Competition
Singer, songwriter, lyricist and legendary vocalist Jeffrey Osborne is teaming up with Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods to discover the area’s next singing sensation this spring and summer.
Guests will enjoy singing performances by area youth from Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Foxwoods will then host competitions on April 21, May 19 and June 16 at Tanger Outlets, with three winners from each round, and a tenth finalist voted in via text, advancing to the finals. The finalists will be given the chance to dazzle a packed crowd at Foxwoods live on July 28, a flagship event part of the weekend-long Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Classic.
Each monthly competition will feature 20 competitors, 10 of which will be pre-selected via video submissions and an additional 10 chosen from walk-up auditions at Foxwoods. The top three finalists from each stage of the competition will receive prizes including gift cards to Foxwoods and the Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods.
April 21, 1 - 5pm • First Round
May 19, 1 - 5pm • Second Round
June 16, 1 - 5pm • Third Round
July 21, 1 - 5pm • Semi Finals
July 29 • Finals
- Ages 13 - 19
- All acts must be appropriate for family and TV audiences. No sexually explicit, vulgar, obscene or racially slurred content or actions will be permitted. No risqué’ costuming or racial body painting is allowed. If contest judges consider the performance to be in poor taste, no points will be awarded.
- For the opportunity to be pre-‐selected send video (2 Min max) to talent@JeffreyOsborneClassic.org no later than 10 days prior to the round date for a chance to be selected to compete in one of the rounds. There will be open auditions the day of but will be limited. Each round will begin with open auditions (1hr) up to 3 min per singer
- Open audition participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis (pending suitability of content for public performance, and the desired length of the show.)
- A Max of 10 will be chosen to be in that round to compete with the 10 singers pre selected from audition videos sent in.
- These 20 will compete that day for 3 spots in the semi finals: 20 will sing ,,, cut down to 10 … 10 will sing and the top 3 will go on the the semis final (this is the format for all 3 rounds) The 3rd round will have top 4 with the audience picking the 4th
- Participants must supply their backing tracks (no bands allowed)
- Participants are required to have the Risk and Responsibility Form signed and turned in with entry form. Participation will not be allowed without the signed forms.
- Parent/guardian must be present with contestants under the age of 18.
- Parent/guardian must sign registration form if under the age of 18 years of age and all acts must complete the media release form.