Hand Me the Mic Competition Finals
For your safety, there are some items that guests are prohibited from bringing inside of the Fox and Grand Theaters. Please click here for the full list.
Most convenient Event Parking available is in the Fox Tower Self Park Garage and Valet, located off of Fox Tower Boulevard.
Musical Celebration & Competition
It's all come down to this.
Singer, songwriter, lyricist and legendary vocalist Jeffrey Osborne is teaming up with Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods to discover the area’s next singing sensation this spring and summer.
Guests will enjoy singing performances by area youth from Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. The finalists will be given the chance to dazzle a packed crowd at Foxwoods live on July 29, a flagship event part of the weekend-long Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Classic.
The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 PLUS a Production Deal with Jay-Oh Productions!
- Ages 13 - 19
- All acts must be appropriate for family and TV audiences. No sexually explicit, vulgar, obscene or racially slurred content or actions will be permitted. No risqué’ costuming or racial body painting is allowed. If contest judges consider the performance to be in poor taste, no points will be awarded.
- For the opportunity to be pre-‐selected send video (2 Min max) to talent@JeffreyOsborneClassic.org no later than 10 days prior to the round date for a chance to be selected to compete in one of the rounds. There will be open auditions the day of but will be limited. Each round will begin with open auditions (1hr) up to 3 min per singer
- Open audition participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis (pending suitability of content for public performance, and the desired length of the show.)
- A Max of 10 will be chosen to be in that round to compete with the 10 singers pre selected from audition videos sent in.
- These 20 will compete that day for 3 spots in the semi finals: 20 will sing ,,, cut down to 10 … 10 will sing and the top 3 will go on the the semis final (this is the format for all 3 rounds) The 3rd round will have top 4 with the audience picking the 4th
- Participants must supply their backing tracks (no bands allowed)
- Participants are required to have the Risk and Responsibility Form signed and turned in with entry form. Participation will not be allowed without the signed forms.
- Parent/guardian must be present with contestants under the age of 18.
- Parent/guardian must sign registration form if under the age of 18 years of age and all acts must complete the media release form.