We’re open! Welcome back to the Wonder of It All. We’ve missed you and are eagerly ready to help you enjoy your stay at Foxwoods Resort Casino. Our goal? Your safety, security and comfort. We also encourage you to stay informed about our new safety measures and enhanced cleaning protocols HERE. Your Foxwoods experience will look and feel very different than it did a few months ago, but our team members are ready and committed to you.
Upon arrival, our security team members will conduct non-invasive temperature checks with thermal cameras. If you have a temperature of over 100.4° will not be allowed inside. If you are not feeling well or in an “at-risk” category, please stay home and put your health and safety first.
We are limiting the number of guests to 25% of our capacity to best allow for social distancing, requiring masks for all guests and team members, and asking guests to remain six to ten feet away from others while on property.
You ready? We are.
The State of Connecticut has issued a Regional Travel Advisory, which directs anyone traveling into Connecticut from certain states to self-quarantine for a 14-day period. For safety and protection purposes, we ask those from these states not to visit Foxwoods. We are adhering to the State’s guidelines at this time and believe this is our best action to keep all guests, employees and visitors safe.
As of Tuesday, August 4, 34 states as well as Puerto Rico meet the criteria:
On July 21, The Connecticut Governor signed an executive order that will subject travelers who violate the state's quarantine rules to a $1,000 fine. Travelers from states on the advisory list will have to self-quarantine for 14 days. The mandatory rule and potential fine will go into effect on July 24.
Please note that the list of states will be updated on an ongoing basis and is subject to change.
OUR CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
Our thoughts are with those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our guests and team members has been – and always will be – our top priority. With that in mind, we want to share up-to-date information with you about our efforts to keep our guests, team members and community safe and healthy during this time.
Foxwoods Resort Casino is committed to providing the safest environment possible. We’ve taken countless steps and implemented many protocols in support of our guests and team members, which includes increased safety measures and operational changes. Our priority is to do all that we can to help you navigate these uncertain times.
As we re-open our doors, we’ll continue to provide the latest property updates on this page, so check back for more information in the coming weeks.
From all of us at the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and Foxwoods Resort Casino, be well and stay safe.
RECENT PROPERTY UPDATES
May 21 Resort Update
We’ve been working hard to develop the best possible plan to safely reopen our property and to help the state of Connecticut recover from the economic impact of this pandemic. Today, we’re excited to announce that the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council has authorized a limited reopening of the property and Foxwoods will resume 24/7 operations beginning June 1, 2020 at 9:00 am, following a phased reopening approach.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe environment, Foxwoods has established new safety protocols and operating procedures in partnership with medical experts for Phase One of the reopening plan. These comprehensive new measures are aimed at mitigating health risks for both guests and employees, and will be reevaluated and updated continuously as necessary.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN COMING BACK TO FOXWOODS
As you come back to property, you will notice our resort looks a little different. Some of the experiences you’ve come to know and love may not be immediately available. However, rest assured that we are working tirelessly to offer you the full Foxwoods experience – but can only do so when it is safe.
As part of our commitment to ensure a safe environment for our guests and team members, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation – which owns and operates Foxwoods Resort Casino – came together with the Mohegan Tribe to establish reopening guidelines for both Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. These guidelines include new safety protocols and operating procedures aimed at mitigating the risks for both guests and employees in a post-pandemic world.
These protocols include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All guests and team members entering the property will go through non-invasive thermal temperature checks at the entrances to the property; those with an elevated temperature will not be allowed entry.
- Team members and guests will be required to wear face masks at all times. If a guest or team member arrives without a face mask one will be provided.
- Waiting areas and lines will be marked to observe appropriate physical distancing standards.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes will be provided throughout the property, including in gaming areas to allow patrons to wipe down slot machines.
- Personnel will be regularly deployed to clean and disinfect high-touch areas for both guests and team members throughout the property, including but not limited to elevators, slot machines, and counters. Additionally, misters will be utilized overnight to sanitize all touchpoints.
- Temporary Plexiglas separation will be placed at all transactional locations including but not limited to hotel check-in, cage, Rewards Booths, retail shops.
- Table games will include Plexiglass barriers, and betting spaces will be spaced to limit three players per table. Every other slot machine will be deactivated to provide social distancing.
- The poker room and bingo will be closed until further notice.
- Smoking will not be allowed on the gaming floor and will only be permitted in remote designated locations with caution signs displayed.
- Restaurant food service will be available for pick up/carry out or grab-and-go only, with the exception of an approved area within the Ballroom. Space will also be made available for guests to dine with social distancing of at least 6 feet between tables. The Rainmaker Buffet will be closed.
- Signage will be added across property with reminders of Tribal and CDC guidelines such as wash hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, stay home if ill, and other guidelines.
- Entertainment and the nightclub will resume when it is determined safe to do so.
- No spa or gym facilities will be open until permitted by the CDC.
- There will be no immediate out-of-state marketing beyond Connecticut, but guests from all over are welcome upon reopening. No out-of-state buses will be accepted.
- All team members will receive training on infectious disease (with a focus on COVID-19) safety and sanitation protocols to further ensure guest and team member safety. More comprehensive training will be provided for teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Environmental Services, Hotel Operations, Gaming, Retail, Entertainment and Security.
To view the full list of guidelines and protocols, click here.
Refunds + Cancellations
All shows through the end of May have been postponed or cancelled. Ticket holders will receive an email. If you have questions, please email them to FWTicket@foxwoods.com and we will respond to all inquiries within 72 hours.
- For concerts that have been or will be cancelled, refunds will show on the card used at time of purchase within five (5) business days.
- For concerts that have been or will be postponed, once the new date has been announced, you may use the tickets for the new date, or you may call the following for your refund:
- If you purchased through Foxwoods Box office, call 800.200.2882 to request a refund.
- If you purchased through Ticketmaster, please go to Ticketmaster Returns.
Existing reservations for Great Cedar Hotel, The Fox Tower and Two Trees Inn will be cancelled up to and including an arrival date of Tuesday, June 20, 2020. Reservations for Grand Pequot Tower will be cancelled through Thursday, June 4, 2020. Guests do not need to contact us in order to request a cancellation or refund. If a reservation was charged in advance, the deposit will be refunded automatically within 5-10 business days. If hotel reservations were booked through a 3rd party, the 3rd party is responsible for refunding the guest.
Foxwoods will begin taking new reservations in the Grand Pequot Hotel as of Monday, June 8, 2020.
If you had tickets for a Bingo session that has been cancelled, you will automatically be credited. Or, if you have those tickets, they can be presented at Bingo for a full refund once the Bingo hall reopens. If you have questions, please email them to and we will respond to all inquiries within 72 hours of receipt of them.
- You will remain at your current club status until March 31, 2021
- We are adding all Tier Credits earned from June 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020 to any previous Tier Credits earned from October 1, 2019
- Any points that were due to expire on March 31, 2020 will not expire
- We have frozen guest’s current play so any past play will count toward future offers
- We have evaluated guest play and auto upgraded guests who were close to the next Tier
- While we are keeping you within your current club until March 31, 2021, your reward card may show incorrectly on your home log in page. This page will also still show your Tier Credits earned from April 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020
Are you resuming 24/7 operations?
- Yes, as of June 1, 2020, we will be open to the public 24/7, following a phased reopening approach.
How are you going to ensure Foxwoods is safe for guests?
- We have meticulously studied best practices, partnered closely with medical experts and tested multiple new types of safety measures. We’re confident in the investments we have made and the policies and procedures we’ve put in place to mitigate risks to our community. Guest and team member safety and security is a continued commitment. Please see our full safety plan here.
Where can I review your safety protocols?
- See here for our full safety plan.
Will you be implementing more safety protocols in the future?
- The comprehensive new measures we put in place are aimed at mitigating health risks for both guests and employees and will be reevaluated and updated continuously as necessary.
Will you be taking temperatures upon entry?
- Yes, all guests and team members entering the property will go through non-invasive thermal temperature checks at the entrances to the property.
Will I have to wear a mask?
- Yes, both guests and Foxwoods team members will be required to wear face masks at all times. If a guest or team member arrives without a face mask one will be provided.
How often will you be cleaning the property?
- Personnel will be regularly deployed to clean and disinfect high-touch areas for both guests and team members throughout the property, including but not limited to elevators, slot machines, and counters. hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes will be provided throughout the property, including in gaming areas to allow patrons to wipe down slot machines. We also encourage guests to sanitize the areas they come in contact with.
What will Foxwoods do if a guest or employee comes to property with a high temperature or symptoms of COVID-19?
- Any guest or employee with an elevated temperature will not be allowed entry.
- Team members have been provided instructions on responding and reporting all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to Dr. Setu Vora, our Chief Medical Officer. Additionally, team members are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are asked to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
- Team members and guests who are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property are instructed to immediately notify their manager (team members) or hotel security (guests). If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 on property, we will work with and follow the appropriate actions recommended by our Chief Medical Officer to ensure everyone’s health, safety and well-being.
How will Foxwoods enforce social distancing among guests and employees?
- Just as we are all doing on a daily basis, guests will need to practice social distancing by staying six to ten feet away from guests outside of their circle, while standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the resort.
- Property layouts such as gaming tables, slot machines and seating areas will be rearranged to ensure appropriate distancing. Reminder announcements will also be played continuously. You will find markers and indicators in areas where lines form, as well as signage to remind everyone of the new guidelines.
- Additionally, temporary Plexiglass separation will be erected at all transactional locations including retail, players club, hotel check-in and cages. Areas of the property where social distancing isn’t feasible – including the Valet, property shuttles, spas, gyms and pools – will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Special event gatherings of five or more people will also follow appropriate physical distancing and maximum gathering capacity, and promotions/tournaments will only occur with appropriate physical distancing is feasible.
Will you be limiting the number of guests allowed in the resort?
- Yes, the resort will be enforcing 25% capacity through guest counters at the entrances. Guests will need to wait to enter property if we are at capacity.
Which parts of the property are you reopening?
- Phase One of the reopening will extend to the Grand Pequot and Great Cedar casino floors, the Grand Pequot Hotel, Tanger Outlets, and select food and beverage venues. Grand Pequot Hotel will only open a limited number of hotel rooms. Additional parts of the property will reopen as we feel it is safe to do so and as business levels allow.
Why aren’t you opening the resort all at once?
- Since opening the doors at Foxwoods Resort Casino 28 years ago, we have been committed to protecting the safety and health of our guests, team members and our local community. This will remain a continued focus and at the core of everything we do as we begin our reopening efforts. This commitment was also the driving force of why we are taking a phased approach to resuming operations. We need to begin incrementally and will reevaluate when to open other parts of the property when we feel it is safe to do so and as business levels allow.
Can guests come to Foxwoods if they don’t live within Connecticut?
- Foxwoods is welcoming guests from all over.
Will there be any concerts or events at Foxwoods?
- At this time, our theaters and entertainment venues will remain closed. When we can effectively implement social spacing, we will reopen our theaters and entertainment. We will only begin rescheduling shows and opening up our theaters when we feel it is safe to do so.
When will Tanger Outlets open?
- Tanger will reopen on June 1, 2020 as part of our Phase One. They have their own thoroughly planned set of safety and security guidelines.
How will you encourage social distancing on the gaming floor?
- Table games will include Plexiglass barriers, and betting spaces will be spaced to limit the number of players per table. Every other slot machine will be turned off. All team members and guests are required to wear masks.
Will smoking be allowed at the resort?
- Smoking will not be allowed on the gaming floor and will only be permitted in remote designated locations with caution signs displayed.
How will dining at Foxwoods change?
- Restaurants and bars will limit capacity and all buffets will be closed. Each restaurant and bar will reduce seating capacities to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group/party of guests. Hostesses and managers will manage physical distancing at entries, waiting areas and queues – and peak period queuing procedures will be implemented when guests are not able to be immediately seated. Lounge seating will be removed, and bar stool count will be reduced.
Will I be allowed to stay in the hotels?
- Yes, starting Monday, June 8, 2020, the Grand Pequot Hotel will begin taking reservations with only a limited number of rooms available.
How are you cleaning hotel rooms?
- Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring.
Are you implementing any new security procedures since guests will be covering their faces with masks?
- Yes, we will have an increased security presence at the resort. Guests may also be required to lower their masks upon entry.
How will Foxwoods communicate new health and safety protocols to onsite guests?
- Signage will be added across property with reminders of CDC guidelines such as wash hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, stay home if ill, etc.