Help is available for problem gambling. Call 1-888-789-7777 or visit ccpg.org
We are working diligently to live up to this Mission Statement. "In its role as a responsible member of the gaming industry, Foxwoods Resort Casino recognizes there are social costs associated with gaming. We, therefore, support the development of awareness and prevention programs for problem and underage gaming, both on its property and in the community."
We provide financial support of the education, training and research efforts of the Connecticut Council on Problem Gaming. If you think you need help, please call 1-888-789-7777 or visit their website.
Do you know the warning signs of problem gambling? Disruptive to the individual, family, social and work life, problem gambling can develop in anyone and does not discriminate against gender, age, social, ethnic or economic groups. Risks vary for each individual.
Do You Have A Gambling Problem?
These 10 questions have been developed to help individuals determine whether they have a gambling problem.
- Have you been preoccupied with thoughts of gambling while doing other things?
- Have you been restless or irritable when unable to gamble?
- Have you hidden your gambling from family members?
- Has gambling created conflict and unhappiness in your life?
- Have you tried to stop gambling but have not been able to?
- Have you gambled to obtain money to pay debts or solve other financial problems?
- Have you needed someone else to bail you out of a gambling debt?
- Have you ever borrowed money and not paid it back as a result of your gambling?
- Have you been unable to pay bills due to gambling losses?
- Have you ever thought you might have a gambling problem?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the questions, you may be at risk for developing a gambling problem. The more questions answered 'yes', the greater the likelihood you already have a gambling problem.
If you are concerned about your own gambling or the gambling of someone you care about, call the Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-888-789-7777. It is free, confidential and available 24 hours. Visit the Council's website at ccpg.org to access additional information on problem and underage gambling, the rates of adult, college and high school student problem gambling, a list of other websites with helpful problem gambling information and much more.
Foxwoods Resort Casino recognizes our responsibility in the prevention of problem gaming behavior to permanently self-exclude themselves from the property. Please click here to download our self exclusion form. Complete the application and present it to the MPTN Commission Office for processing or mail to: MPTN Gaming Commission Chair, 350 Trolley Line Boulevard, P.O. Box 3250, Mashantucket, CT 06338-3250. This form must be returned to the MPTN Gaming Commission notarized with one (1) passport size photograph or clear copy of driver license for identification purposes.
For more information, you can visit the Inspection Office located in the Great Cedar Casino, open 24 hours, 7 days a week or call (860) 312-3091.