Safety Is Our Priority.
The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation has established a robust list of reopening guidelines for Foxwoods Resort Casino that are consistent with – or in many cases exceed – the State of Connecticut’s phased guidance and safety protocols.
We feel confident that we have the right measures in place to open safely and securely.
We are utilizing the best demonstrated practices from across the nation as we implement sanitization and social distancing policies. We’ve consulted, and will continue to consult, with medical professionals to ensure that our reopening is measured, responsible, and adaptable in the face of COVID-19.
Given the Regional Travel Advisory in effect for the State of Connecticut, Foxwoods Resort Casino will continue to welcome guests from Massachusetts and other states bordering Connecticut. We have put extensive effort and research into our resort safety measures to mitigate public health risks, and we remain confident in our plans. Regardless of where you live, we advise those who feel unwell or who are high-risk to avoid traveling and consider visiting Foxwoods when they are feeling better. We all have to do our part in containing the spread of the virus.
As of Tuesday, October 27, 40 states as well as Guam and Puerto Rico meet the travel advisory criteria:
On July 21, The Connecticut Governor signed an executive order that will subject travelers who violate the state's quarantine rules to a $1,000 fine. Travelers from states on the advisory list will have to self-quarantine for 14 days. The mandatory rule and potential fine will go into effect on July 24.
Please note that the list of states will be updated on an ongoing basis and is subject to change.
We’re taking every step to ensure the health and safety of our guests, team members and partners. The safety initiatives we have put in place include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operation at 25% capacity; for context, malls are operating today at 50% capacity.
- Areas of the property where social distancing isn’t feasible are temporarily closed. This includes shuttles, spas, gyms, pools, and the valet.
- Bus transportation from out of state is suspended indefinitely and marketing is limited to Connecticut only.
- Non-invasive thermal temperature checks are conducted at the door, and those with an elevated temperature will not be granted entry.
- Guests and employees are required to wear masks. Masks will be made available throughout the premises for those that need them.
- A certified cleaning process for hotel rooms and surfaces has been established in conjunction with Ecolabs.
- Our state-of-the art, hospital grade, air filtration system is upgraded with all new filters; the HVAC filters are surgical hospital grade, high efficiency, and self-supported V-cell type air filters with a MERV rating of 14 which filters down to .3- 1.0 micron particle size.
- Fewer players are allowed at each table game, protected from each other and the dealer by Plexiglass shields.
- Every other slot machine is turned off and the corresponding chair removed to avoid congregating.
- Restaurant and bar activity is limited to take-out or carry-away only.
- More than 300 sanitation stations are available throughout the property, including hand sanitizers and wipes.